- MFA 2003 Rutgers Mason Gross School of the Arts, New Brunswick, New Jersey
- BFA 1997 San Francisco Art Institute, San Francisco, California
- Additional course work, Cornish College of Arts, Seattle, Washington 1993-1994
AWARDS, GRANTS, & CITATIONS
- Ontario Arts Council International Residency Grant, 2011
- Toronto Arts Council, Visual Arts Grant, 2010
- Ontario Arts Council Exhibition Assistance Grant, 2010
- Robert Watts Memorial Scholarship for Excellence in Video Art from Rutgers University, 2003
- Bakehouse Arts Complex, Studio Residency and Artist Development Grant, Miami, FL, 2016
- Banff Centre, Calgary, Alberta, 2012
- Millay Colony, Austerlitz, NY, 2011
- Three Walls Residency, Chicago IL., 2011
- Virginia Center for the Creative Arts, Amherst, VA. 2011
- Atlantic Center for the Arts #136 with Master-Artist Jean-Marc Bustamante, New Smyrna Beach, Florida, February-March, 2010. Made possible with funds granted from the Center and the Joan Mitchell Foundation.
- Dos Equis (Part one of three Part show, Flux Spaghetti), Placeholder Gallery, Miami
- An Invisible Man, One Person Show, University Of Miami Wynwood Gallery
- Place Art Here, Group Show, Placeholder Gallery, Miami
- CoWorker, Group show, Swamp Space, Miami
- I(I), One Person Show, Bakehouse Art Complex, Miami
- Iffy Conditions, curated by Daniel Bruttig for Garden Apartment Gallery, Chicago
- Bad for Me, curated by Kyle deWoody, Shizaru, London, UK
- Daylight Savings, Banff Centre, Banff Alberta, CAN
- I’m So Goth I’m Dead, Queens Nails, San Francisco, CA
- Heat Island, Curated by Natalie Brown, Smack Mellon, Brooklyn, NY
- Noir Now, New School, New York, NY
- The Iphone Monologues, Performance at several locations including Spoke Gallery, in
- conjunction w/Three Walls, Chicago IL and Coles Bar, Chicago, IL
- An Economy (solo), Public Space 1, Iowa City, IA
- Joke Drawings and Poems, Prairie Lights, Iowa City, IA
- Renovation Creep, Antenna Gallery, Chicago, IL
- The Bermuda Triangle, Solo Exhibition, Mercer Union Centre for Contemporary Art, Toronto, ON. May 14- June 19, 2010
- INside OUT, Atlantic Center For the Arts, New Smyrna Beach, FL. February 2010
- In the Basement, Toronto Free Gallery, Toronto, ON. March 19-21, 2010
- Gone to The Other Side, Curated by Pete Schulte, Prairie Lights, Iowa City, Iowa
- Conceptual Furniture, at the DepArtment, Toronto, ON. March 20- April 4, 2009
- Black Milk. Curated by Laura Heyman and Sergei Sviatchenko, Milk Contemporary
- Copenhagen, Denmark, 14 June to 1 August, 2008
- Wall + Paper. Curated by Matthew Nye, Xpace Gallery, Toronto, ON
- Bananas. Curated by Robert Linder, New York, NY
- Face-Off. Curated by Brandon Koch, One-Night Stand, Williamsburg, Brooklyn, NY
- Actions 2. Curated by Zach Rockhill, Performance, Five Miles, Brooklyn, NY
- Actions. Curated by Zach Rockhill, Performance, Five Miles, Brooklyn, NY, 2003
- Rutgers in New York. Curated by Syd Sachs, Bill Maines Gallery, New York, NY
- College Art Association MFA Exhibition, Hunter College Gallery, New York, NY
INVITED LECTURES AND PRESENTATIONS
- Artist talk, New World School of the Arts, Miami, FL 2015
- Artist talk, Mercer Union Centre for Contemporary Art, Toronto, ON 2010
- Artist talk, Prairie Lights Bookstore, Iowa City, IO 2011
- Contributor to Miami Rail 2014 to Present
- Bert Stabler, “Renovation Creep”, New City Art, August, 2011
- Natalie Hegert, “Heat Island”, Artslant, June, 2011
- Certain Considerations (cover illustration), text by Ian Wolf, 2011
- Sarah Robayo Sheridan, “Erin Thurlow: The Bermuda Triangle,” Exhibition catalogue (Toronto: Mercer Union Centre for Contemporary Art, 2010).
- “More Simple, More Fun” Exhibition catalogue from INside-OUT, Atlantic Center for The Arts R.M. Vaughan, “The Exhibitionist,” Globe and Mail, 18 June 2010.
- Leah Sandals, “At the Galleries: Art of War,” National Post, 18 June 2010.
- Terrence Dick, “Erin Thurlow & Alex Hubbard at Mercer Union,” Akimbo Blog, 9 June 2010.
- Black Milk. Exhibition catalogue, eds. Laura Heyman and Sergei Sviatchenko, (Copenhagen, Denmark: Milk Contemporary, 2008).
- Military Maneuvers and Tree Lined Streets (cover art and illustrations), text by Ian Wolff (New York, NY, 2007).
- Bay Area Now 2 (San Francisco: Yerba Buena Center for the Arts, 1999).